Monday, July 25, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday

Happy Pioneer Day! Yes, I know it was yesterday, but today I get the day off from school (first Pioneer day off ever, how exciting!) and so it's a special holiday. Now, did I spend this holiday studying because I have a test in a day? Yes, but still, that was nice not to have school interfere with studying for it. Ugh, tests. I still have so many in the next couple of weeks, oh man.

Because I had no school today, I was able to run the Temple to Temple 5K Run from the old Provo temple to Provo City Center temple. It was my first year doing it, and I was jazzed. I've heard its a great course, so I was really jonesing for a new PR. Oh, also speaking of, we had to run 1.5 miles in health class last week, on treadmills. He kept telling us to push ourselves while we were going, so I just kept pushing up on the intensity. I ended up running it in 11:49! I would never imagine running it so fast, I was so glad! But then that leads to today. I ran the 5K in 22:22! PR! PR! PR! I can't believe it, I've never run one that fast in my whole life! I was just so happy afterwards, I did a happy jig in my heart while my body was dying from running that fast.

We celebrated our Pioneer Day fireworks on Saturday night, since our family was in town then, and wouldn't be on Monday. We lit fireworks for a couple of hours, ate, chatted, etc. It was actually really difficult for me, because my brain decided that today would be the best day to get the worst migraine I've ever had in my life. I couldn't move earlier in the afternoon, but after some migraine medicine I could get up and get going. I kept having to head in the house to avoid the loud noises, but I think the night was worth it, fireworks, food, family and friends is always a great combination. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

No comments: