Monday, July 4, 2016

Happy Independence Day!

Happy 4th of July! I started off the morning with my usual race, the Provo Freedom Run.
 This was the first year I had to run the race by myself, which was sad, but also, I did the best I ever have - I finished in 53 minutes, which isn't too bad at all. I was so hot and sweaty by the end, holy cow. But still fun! Then the day was just spent chilling and that night, we had fireworks, yes, so soon after Canada Day. We had a great time, and then at the end of the night, when we were done, we saw some smoke coming up from the street behind ours. A few of my neighbors and I hopped into one of their cars, and took off towards it. There was a house that had a wood pile behind the house, and an errant firework went in there and set it on fire. I snapped some pics, it was kind of cool.
Luckily they got it all out and under control quickly, thank goodness. I'm glad no one was hurt, but at least we had a safe 4th, I hope you all did too!

No comments: