Monday, July 11, 2016

Miscellaneous Monday

I will agree, my blog posts have been scant lately. And you know, it usually seems to be, but this summer has been insane. Since school has started, things are crazy. Both of my classes this semester are cramming an entire semester's worth of school into the six weeks we have. That means there's a lot of homework all the time, there's a lot of tests every other week, and there's so much reading and class time. I'm trying my best to stay on top of it, but with both work, school, and other responsibilities (house, church calling, etc...) something has to suffer and right now, it's blogging. Luckily finals are in 2 weeks, and while I have a billion tests and assignments between now and then, I look forward to the sweet release of that week off before the next semester starts.

One of my classes is a health class, and we have weekly workouts we have to do in class, and they are HARD. The first time we did, we did 104 (EACH!) of leg lifts, jumping jacks, squats, and pushups. My chest hurt for a week afterwards. Luckily the soreness has gotten better each class, as I'm betting I'm getting just a hair stronger, so that's nice. The trick will be trying to keep up this exercise even after class, so that these days weren't just a big waste, and I went through this toughness and soreness for nothing. Wish me luck.

Recently, we got rid of our satellite service, and switched to a new one for half the price. At first it was really jarring, because the systems are different, but now that I've figured it all out, and now I know how much space I have on this new DVR, I accidentally went a little overboard, and just started to record any movie I saw on any channel that I ever had a remote interest in. Now, am I going to watch these movies? It seems very unlikely, but still, I like knowing that they're there, in case I ever get an inkling.

No comments: