Sunday, February 7, 2016

Super Bowl 2016

Today was the Super Bowl, as everyone knows, and as it turns out, the teams this year are ones that I actually don't really care about. Good job Broncos for winning, everyone is really jazzed for you. Let's talk about what I made. So I made some mini chocolate cupcakes, (just a regular cake-box chocolate recipe) and then a coconut buttercream frosting. Here's that recipe:

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4+ cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons coconut milk

Cream the butter until nice and smooth. Add the vanilla and beat a few more minutes, until combined and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, a cup at a time (many whiskings in the meantime) until creamy. It was a little more than 4 cups of sugar for me. And I don't know if this was just me, but as I was frosting, the frosting seemed to...melt as I was going. It was weird. I put it in the fridge after I frosted them, to keep them nice and chill.

Then, we made bacon-wrapped tater tots. I took a package of bacon, and with all the bacon still together, I cut each piece of bacon into 3 pieces. I wrapped each piece around a frozen tater tot.
Then I threw them (gently placed) in the oven at 400 degrees 20 minutes. Take them out, flip the tater tots, and bake for 10 minutes longer. Delicious! Hopefully you and yours enjoyed the game, or enjoyed your Sunday otherwise.

No comments: