Saturday, February 13, 2016

Snickers Brownie Cups

Ok, before, I have made these Chocolate Treasures many a time, blogging about them many a time. I decided they would be a delicious thing to make right now, and so as I got started, I realized I didn't have any Rolos. So I improvised. I had mini Snickers baking bits, and decided, those could go very well in the recipe. So I made a regular ol' brownie mix, and scooped them into mini cupcake tins. I baked at 350 for 13 minutes and as soon as I pulled them out of the oven, I put a mini snickers into the middle. After they cooled, I frosted them.
I tried a new frosting today, and I gotta tell you, I think I have a winner. Here's what I did:

1 cup of butter, softened. Mine were maybe too softened, and I think that's ok.
4-5 cups powdered sugar
3 Tbs heavy cream
1 tsp Vanilla extract

So, take the butter. Cream it. Cream it nice and good until its nearly clear in color. Then, add the vanilla, and mix a bit longer until its all creamed together. Add the powdered sugar, a cup at a time, scraping the sides as needed. Then, I added 2 TB of cream, saw how it looked, and then added another almost cup (see, 4-5 is what I said) of powdered sugar. Then I saw how that was, and added another TB of cream. So basically, add at your discretion. It ends up being a super delicious frosting with a great consistency. These were really good, y'all.

No comments: