Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mulit-Colored Frosting

My sister-in-law needed some help recently frosting some cupcakes. She wanted the effect of two different colors of frosting, mixed together onto one cupcake. I made some regular vanilla buttercream frosting, and then separated the bowl into two. I kept one vanilla, and made the other red. Well...tried to make it red. Despite using about 100 (slight exaggeration) drops of red food coloring, I couldn't make it go red, just pink. Then, I put some white frosting into a bag, and the reddish pink frosting in a bag. I then combined those two into another bag, fitted with a frosting tip. It was really hard to do, and hard to work with, but finally I got it going, and created:

Now, it mostly worked, and that's pretty dang cool. It's not exactly what I was thinking would happen, but I'm pretty pleased with the results. Would I do this again. Maybe. If I can figure out a better way of doing it, I absolutely will. I just think it looks really cool, how it turned out!

No comments: