Monday, January 19, 2015

Miscellaneous Monday

I’m back into the groove of things! I can finally do a miscellaneous Monday, things are almost back to normal, time-wise. I got out of the groove of things over the holiday. Between the busy-ness of life, and yet, having no school, I forgot to stay on top of blogs, but now, I’m back in the game, and I can finally get into the swing of it.

I am healthy! It took all the way until Saturday, but I can finally eat food. Between Tuesday morning, and Friday night, the most food I ate was a roll on one day, and a few bites of soup another day. I literally ate nothing, I only drank Gatorade/Powerade and water. I made it through a half a bowl of soup Friday night, and since then, I have finally improved, and can eat regular food, I am so happy, and I no longer feel like dying.

I made a really tasty treat today. I have made this sweet Chex mix for years, usually only on New Years Eve, but I felt like making it today. You just combine 8 cups of Rice Chex cereal, 8 cups of Corn Chex cereal, 2 cups of shredded coconut, 2 cups of slivered almonds, and toss. Then, in a saucepan on heat, melt 3/4 cup butter, add 1 cup granulated sugar, and 1 cup Karo corn syrup. Boil for 2 minutes, and then combine with cereal mixture. Let cool! Usually, it’s crazy delicious, but as I was making it today, I realized, I didn’t have enough cereals, I was short by like, 4-5 cups. So, I substituted in Golden Grahams, and let me tell you, it was delicious! I’m going to do it this way from now on!

IMG_0027

No comments: