Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A thief!

As I’ve recently moved into a new place, I’m trying hard to make my new home cozy and inviting. As I’ve explained before on here, it’s about done. But sadly, things have turned a bad corner of late. It all started last night…

Husband and I went shopping last night at the local Maceys. There’s the case-lot sale going on right now, so we went to take advantage of that. (And boy did we. We now have enough food to help us survive a zombie apocalypse, which I assume is going to happen soon) We get home, and we’re both lugging in like a billion bags of stuff (because making multiple trips is for sissies. I don’t care that my arm is losing feeling from carrying 15 bags of cans inside, I’m going to do it), and I see Husband just standing in front of the door. I thought maybe he had dropped stuff, but when I get there, he’s looking down at where the doormat goes. I look too, and that’s when I notice, the doormat is missing!

After some searching around, and general confusion, we did in fact come to the conclusion that someone has stolen our doormat. Someone is going to go to hell for stealing our $10 doormat. There are 4 apartments in a square right where we are. The apartments by us, all 3 of them, still have their doormats. Ours, the newest one there, is gone. I just can’t believe it. I just can’t help but think, what kind of person steals a doormat?

We will survive this. I’ll just have to buy a new one, and hope that this isn’t a trend. Because so help me, if someone steals my new doormat, I’m going to steal every doormat from every person in the apartment complex and burn them in the playground area between buildings. All right, that may be extreme, but I’ll think of something. They’ll rue the day they stole my mat!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

That is random. I'm sorry you lost your doormat. You should ask Tyler about the time an angel stole his bike.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chelle! said...

Maybe you could make a "lost & found" poster and offer cupcakes for the reward. I am sure that you would get it back. Ha HA