Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back!

Good news, fans, I made it back safe and sound! And a little sunburned. I was a good girl and wore sunscreen the first day, but then I forgot that the reason I didn't burn was because of the sunscreen, so the second day, I didn't wear it. But it worked out, I didn't get that burned, and it stopped hurting! I just thought I'd do a quick recap of all of our activities.
We spend 14 hours at Disneyland on Thursday. Got there shortly after 8 that morning, and left at around midnight. It was a long day, but so much fun. We saw the new World of Color show at Disneyland-they use lights and fountains and computer generated images-its really cool! We ate good food, went on all the rides (only once-we had limited times, you know) and of course, walked and walked and walked. Friday we spent half the day at Disneyland, finishing up on what we couldn't ride the day before, and buying fun souvenirs. I bought Mickerony & Cheese-I cannot wait to make and eat that.
Friday night, I went to my first Major League Baseball games - the Anaheim Angels vs the Texas Rangers. It was fun - I didn't really pay all that much attention to the game, but I ate my weight in peanuts, nachos, and pizza. Good thing we had walked all day so that I felt ok about eating all that stuff. The thing I like about Utah vs other states is that when I'm at sporting events in other states, the language is..salty, and the jokes are just crude and gross. I'm not expecting people to act like angels here, but when people use the F-word frequently, it just makes me mad. If there was one thing I could change about the game it would be that, but otherwise, it was fun, with the singing, cheering, general merriment. And the Angels won- woo hoo!
The vacation was too short, being only 2 days, but it was fun. We flew in early Saturday to make it to the RSL game Saturday night-they won too! It must have been my weekend for sporting events! I also want to give a shout out to Chelle - she sent with me some awesome stuff to make my vacation that much better! It was so great - thanks Chelle!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I am glad that you are back. I missed you sooooooooooooo mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!