Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Very Own Book of Awesome

I heard about this guy who wrote a book, 1000 Awesome Things and I decided (as all good people do) to copy him. I'm not doing 1000, or writing it for prosperity or anything, but I've started my own, called, appropriately, Vieve's Book of Awesome. So far, it's just in a tiny notebook I have, but I have diligently been keeping track of all things awesome for almost a month now! Sometimes, its hard to think of something awesome, but then you need to start realizing the small awesome things that happen to you that you sometimes take advantage of, or don't realize how great it is. I've decided that sometimes, I'm going to write about one of my awesome things on my blog here, for all to enjoy. I'll not do an entire entry dedicated to one today, this is just a set-up of future ones. I'll do a couple of things today, just to give you something to think about.
My very first awesome thing was on July 12, 2010. It was "Getting free ice cream at Yamato at the end of my meal". You know, that is an awesome thing! I thought we were finished, we were wrapping things up, then they all of a sudden came over with some free ice cream for us! I got chocolate chip-and it was so delicious. What a cool treat to have at the end of an already great meal.
My August 1, 2010 awesome thing was getting my to-do list done, which was an awesome feeling. I mean, I usually write things that I want to do down, and then I do what I can, and by the end of the day, I've only accomplished like half of my items. But this time, I finished it all. My list that day consisted of: Laundry, organizing my shelves, vaccuuming, painting my toenails, painting my fingernails (I know, hard work!), running, and watching some of my Tivo (I know, another hard thing) and I actually finished it! All by 4:30, which is when I had to leave to make a dinner at a friends house. I felt like I had done all I needed to that day, I loved it.
Those two aren't things that some people would consider awesome, but to me, I was a really big fan of them. There are some smaller awesome things and some bigger awesome things, so I hope you enjoy my tidbits, and I challenge you to think of your own awesome things-to appreciate all you have!

2 comments:

Maleen said...

I love the new look of your blog. It is pretty awesome. That is really a great idea because people often forget all the awesome things and focus on the bad. Way to make a difference.

Chelle! said...

Oh my goodness...I think that you are awesome and so inspiring.