Sunday, June 13, 2010

I'm pretty sure this makes me a professional

This last Saturday night, I went bowling with a group of friends. We decided beforehand that we would play 2 games. Come on, nobody ever plays one game-the first is a warm-up. That turned out to be especially true in my case. My first game was horrible! I can't believe how bad I did. I ended up with a score in the sixties. I only had one spare that whole game. I don't depend on strikes and spares for my games, but oh my heck, not getting any totally ruined my score. Normally, I laugh off these scores, because I know how bad I do in bowling, but I was in total last place, even behind the 12 year old we had with us. Holy cow. So we start the second game, and I have actually improved! I'm getting some good scores, I'm not throwing my ball into the gutter, it's actually ok!
I was a few frames in, and I got a strike! Victory! And then...another! A third-which I was informed was a turkey! I couldn't believe it! As I was stepping up to my next one, I noticed that the front bowling pin was a different color. The guy on the loudspeaker announced that my lane had a money shot-if I got a strike with the neon pin in front like that, I would win five bucks. Well, of course this would happen to me. So I tried not to think too much about it, went to the line, threw my ball, and....a strike! Oh my gosh! I erupted into a scream, did a little jig, and then collected my money.
I ended up with a score of 165-which for me is freaking amazing. I think that now that I've been paid for bowling, this makes me a professional. I'm thinking of having some business cards written up, so that I can let people know how awesome I am. Naturally, on the next frame after my 4th strike, I bowled and knocked down 4 pins. It's ok that that happened-it brought my back down to earth. Some dreams are better to be short than have never happened.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, shucks, I don't know how anyone could add to the pithy and salient comments of saa. I'm in complete agreement!

Chelle! said...

Yep, I would say that you are a professional!! Professional in what...ha ha!!!