Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Everyone is different

Today it seemed the conversation of how people eat their food kept coming up. There are those who like everything smashed together, and those who won't eat their food if its touching each other. I am the latter here, I don't like when my food touches each other. Then later in the day, I was made fun of for how I was eating my popcorn. It got me thinking about all the weird ways I eat things. For example...
When I'm at home, I eat my popcorn with chopsticks. I don't know why, but it seems much more delicious that way. Plus your hands don't get buttery or greasy! (my popcorn doesn't have butter, but maybe it used to when I started this) When I eat potato chips, I have to eat the smallest broken ones first, then the smallest whole ones, then bigger broken ones, then the bigger whole ones, and if there are any in the bag, I finish off with eating any folded ones. The folded ones are my wish chips. When I was younger, I was told that if you can eat a folded chip in one bite, that whatever your wish is will come true! Wow was I gullible.
If I have a handful of m&m's, I have to eat whichever m&m's don't match my outfit, in order of color until the final color I have matches my outfit the closest. Why? I don't know. And I think everyone does this, but if there's something on my plate I don't like, I'll hurry up and eat the whole of it, so that I can enjoy the rest of my food. I rarely drink soda, but if I do, I always chase it with water. A swig of root beer, swallow, a swig of water. Delicious.
I don't know if this counts, but one of the most delicious things I can think to eat is to get one slice of white bread (Wonder bread is best here) cover it in Miracle Whip (mayo doesn't work) and top that off with a slice of Kraft singles. Then don't ruin it by putting another slice of bread on it-you need to leave it just that way. This started like, 15 years ago, and I still enjoy it to this day.
There are I'm sure a billion of these quirks that I have, but this is all I'll share for now. And I'll have to share the weird things I do while eating another time- we should not make this post too long!

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I agree...everyone is different. I loved this post...it makes me feel better that I do not eat things that are round. HA HA