Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Power of Vieve

So, in general, I don't like children. Everyone knows this. There are moments when I'm around them that I'm like, hey, these tiny persons are ok, but then a few minutes later, I realize that no, its actually not like that. But anyway. I do, however like my nephews. I do like my niece, lets not leave her out, but she dislikes me very much, which I don't know why. I'm aces! Just ask the other kids. Out of the 3 nephews I have, one of them likes me the best, that's my Nathan. I'm not really sure why, but he thinks I'm too cool for school, so he does what I say, regardless of what that is. This past Sunday was one such event.
I went to visit my sisters' new place, which I hadn't been to. They were giving me a tour, and Nathan and Jack came with the sis and me around the house, the yard, etc. They were showing my their pool/clubhouse and I said to Nathan, "you should jump in". His mom, my dear sister Katja, told him that he better not, or else he'd be in trouble. He had resigned himself to this, and then I said to him one more time, "you should jump in". He of course, was fully clothed. He looked at me, looked at his mom, asked if he would get in trouble. She laughed and said no, and then he asked (another 15 times...) if she was sure he wouldn't get in trouble. After being assured he wouldn't get in trouble, he went for it. Just ran over to the pool, and, very gracefully, I might add, just jumped in the pool. Not even a cannonball, just a little jump. He got out, and looked like this:
So good for him, he did just what I said! This is why I like to hang out with Nathan-through thick and thin, I know, he'll do just what I say, regardless of what his mom says. I can't wait to see what else I can get him to do...

2 comments:

Maleen said...

So I am pretty sure that I am never bringing my children in to see you again. But I am sure you understand. :)

Chelle! said...

Holy Banana Phone!! You are too crazy!! BUT, I think that Nathan really wanted to jump in the pool---you just helped to NOT get into trouble!