Sunday, May 29, 2022

Cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning

 I don't know if I've mentioned on here yet, but we are moving! Husband got a job at a university in California, so we are moving our wagon out to Cali after the summer. It's been a whirlwind since we've learned this, and we are listing our house for sale this week. To anticipate listing it, and for the pictures, we have been working non-stop for the last couple of weeks on fixing it up. There hasn't been anything major that we've been working on, just a bunch of cosmetic work. Today, I worked on getting some old glue off of a bathtub. For reasons unknown, the previous owners put some trim on the actual bathtub. So when we redid the floors down there a couple of years ago, we had to take this trim off, and it left the glue. Blergh. So today I decided to tackle that job. It was slow going. I would spray it with a cleaning solution, let it sit for a minute, then I used a scraper to scrape at it and just kept doing that ...over and over and over. Here's what it looked like before I started: 


Then, after several hours of repeating the cycle: 


It worked! It looks great! I am so hype! 

No comments: