Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Spicy Organizing

 We noticed the other day that we have a bunch of spices that we bought in Turkey, but they are just in the small bags we bought them in, and they're hard to use because of that! So we decided to go ahead and put them into spice jars. 

Now, are these regular spice jars? Nah. I had been striking out on finding any in stores, and then I stumbled across some salt and pepper shakers, and decided to give those a go. So I bought a whole bunch of them, and started on the project. It took a bit of time to get everything all put into the new jars. And then, since I wanted to keep air off of these, I cut wax paper into circles, and put them in the lids. And they looked great! 

This is what the spices looked like before (I forgot to take a pic until after I had already done a bunch, whoops, but you get the idea)


And then here they are! I simply pulled the labels from the bags and put them on these new jars and I think they ended up looking really good! My hands were so spicy smelling by the time I had finished, it was so fun and satisfying to see all this organization. 

No comments: