Sunday, June 7, 2020

Dolly Parton Chicken and Dumplings

Y'all, I took on a feat today. We decided that chicken and dumplings sounded good. As I was researching a recipe, we came across the Dolly Parton recipe. Since she's a southern goddess and a real delight, we chose her recipe. Here it is, I will not retype all of it:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/dolly-parton-chicken-and-dumplings/

Here are some photos I took of our process:
Here is me, taking all of the chicken off of the bones, because you use an entire freaking chicken. And then here is the chicken after all the bones are out!



 And then here we have the soup as I am adding all the ingredients, and then the soup in my bowl!
Something that I didn't realize until we were mixing the chicken into the final soup, is that the chicken I was using was double the size the recipe called for ... so I definitely had way too much chicken in here haha.
But! This recipe is freaking delicious. I cannot recommend it enough. Make it, it's not even that hard.

No comments: