Sunday, June 7, 2020

Bread-makin' Time!

Well, as we all have done, during quarantine time I have learned how to make bread. Today I learned how to make an Italian loaf. It was incredibly easy and so delicious! Here is the recipe:
(https://lilluna.com/italian-bread/)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups very warm water
  • tsp instant yeast
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 1 Tbsp salt
  • 5 cups all purpose flour

Instructions

  1. Whisk together water, yeast, sugar, oil, and 2 cups of the flour in a large bowl till smooth. Let sit in a warm place till bubbly, about 30 minutes. Add the salt and enough flour to make a soft dough.
  2. Knead a few times on a floured counter till smooth. (if we're being honest, I put this in my mixer with the dough hook) Return to bowl. Cover and let rise till doubled, about an hour.
  3. Divide dough in half and roll each piece into a long loaf about 12 inches long. Place both loaves on a greased baking pan.
  4. Let loaves rise till doubled, 30-45 minutes. Cut a few diagonal slits across the top of each loaf. 
  5. Bake in an oven preheated to 375° for about 30 minutes or till crust is golden brown.
Here are my pics! 
 After putting them into loaves (not pretty, but I'm still learning how to do this, guys)

And here they are baked! They were delicious. I think the next bread that I want to tackle is French bread. 

No comments: