Thursday, November 2, 2017

SoJo Half 2017

A few weeks ago, I ran the SoJo Half Marathon. I sure haven't run a half marathon since 2014, but I wanted to give it a go. My SIL was going to run it, and I was like, let's do this thing! I trained a bit for it, I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to die. My finish time goal was about 2:10, I didn't have hopes of doing anything spectacular. But I ended up finishing in 1:56! I couldn't believe it! I was so jazzed. 

 Here I am, so excited for my medal. When I finished the race, I still had a bit to wait for my SIL to finish the race. In that time, tiny nephew Darth wanted to try a rock climbing wall that was there. But when we got him up there, he was NOT having it.
My SIL came across the line and we had a small celebration, her first half marathon! It was a great experience. 

 Here's to another great race over! Glad to be done.

No comments: