Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Peach Pie Cookies

So, I have a peach tree. In years past, it's blessed us with many delicious peaches. For some reason this year, it gave us a million peaches, but they never grew larger than like, an apricot. They were small and tiny and minuscule. As I had about 6 that were good for consumption, I decided to do something with them. After a bit of searching, I found this recipe on the good site of Pinterest. Here's the recipe:
1 cup instant oats
¾ cup flour
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 TB unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg
1 tsp almond extract
½ cup honey
½ cup diced peaches

Whisk together the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and almond extract. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the peaches. Chill for an hour. Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I used a cookie scoop and dropped the cookie dough into rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet. Bake at 325°F for 11-14 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.

Ok here are my notes on said recipe. The almond extract is too much. In the future, I would do a 1/2 tsp of that and 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract because the almond OVERWHELMS the cookies so much. I didn't have enough honey so I substituted agave for it. It made the cookies very healthy but also, they tasted healthy. I would like to try a recipe in the future where I just use some brown sugar, see how that would taste. Otherwise, these were pretty tasty. I want to just fiddle with the recipe in the future.

No comments: