Saturday, September 5, 2015

Brownie Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting

You guys. These that I’m about to tell you about are a revelation. Let’s kick things off. So, to start off, I just did a boxed recipe of brownies, because I am phenomenally lazy. But – to change it up, I added an extra egg, to make the brownies more cake-like. So, make your brownie recipe according to the box, and scoop it into cupcake tins. I did two boxes of mix, and ended up with 24 cupcakes. I baked at 325 (I have a dark cupcake pan, I probably could have done it at 350, but I was experimenting) for probably like, 20 minutes, but I kept adding minutes. I started with 15, added 5 more, and then I think maybe I did two more minutes, and then took them out. After they were cooled, I made this frosting:

1.5 sticks of unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups powdered sugar
2 Tsp vanilla
2 Tb milk
1 cup flour
Mini chocolate chips

In a bowl, using an electric mixer, whip together butter and light-brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in flour then add powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk and blend together until smooth, adding more powdered sugar or milk, depending on desired consistency. Pipe onto cupcakes,and then top with chocolate chips.

IMG_1835

These are amazing and delicious and I love them.

No comments: