Saturday, September 12, 2015

Beat Beethoven 5K

Today, I ran the Beat Beethoven 5K. Basically, the race is modeled around Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony. The symphony is 32 minutes, and you want to finish the race before it’s over. They play the symphony during the race, so you can hear it at times, depending on where you are. And they have a guy dressed as Beethoven, and he finishes the race in the 32 minutes, so you just have to finish ahead of him. I finished in 26:17 (not my best, but I only learned I was going to do this race on Thursday night so I wasn’t too prepared) and was a little proud of myself. Unfortunately, in my age group, I came in 4th place, dang it. The annoying thing is, I would have been in first place in any other age group! I went and looked at all the times, and I was the 5th fastest girl to cross the line, and 3 of them were in my age group, so that was really unfortunate. I’ll just have to do better next time!

An awesome side effect of doing this race was that I got to see my childhood soccer coach! I haven’t seen him for probably 15 years, if you can believe that. I recognized him right away, and when I went up to him, he recognized me as well, and said that I looked the exact same, dang it! Ha ha I am going to try and take it as a compliment though. We snapped a pic together, to commemorate the good times.

IMG_1874

No comments: