Friday, July 15, 2011

Foto Friday…Harry Potter Friday…

HP1

All right, so this technically isn’t really a legit Friday entry, but I’m combing my life of tradition (Foto Friday!) with my love of Harry Potter. And thus it begins.

As expressed above, I love Harry Potter. I didn’t hop on the HP wagon until book 4. Before then, I’d heard of it, but was like, meh, I don’t need to read a book about children and magic. But then Little Sister had the first four, and told me to read them. I read them all within about a week, and loved them. Book 4 is still my favorite, of all of them, I could read that one over and over. But I still love them all.

I’ve been on a few different sides of being the HP fan. I’ve been the regular fan, reading all the books, getting them as soon as they come out (literally, at midnight, I’ve gotten them) and I’ve worked retail when they came out, and had to work the midnight shift to sell them to other fans, ones who had actually dressed up for the events. A lot of retail people hate to work these types of events, but I loved them. Being around the people who love the books enough to be there right as soon as they’re released – it’s a great feeling for everyone there.

So tonight I’m going to the last Harry Potter movie. I’ve seen every single one, opening night, and I am really looking forward to this. I finished the 7th book again this weekend, I re-saw the first Deathly Hallows movie last night, so I’m totally ready. I am excited to see this – to finish out this chapter of my life with a movie that will satisfy my Harry Potter cravings. Luckily, I own all of the books and movies, so if ever I need to visit Hogwarts again, I can do so.

No comments: