Friday, July 22, 2011

Foto Friday

This is a sad day, everyone. Well, technically, I took this picture last weekend, but waited for today to post it, because it’s a photo. Last Sunday was a hard day for the McSnailingtons. (Yup, this is another post about them!) We came home, and as we were walking to our apartment, there was a pile a little bit from our door:

snails

Yes, there was a McSnailington massacre. I don’t know who did it, I don’t know what happened, we just found them this way. I didn’t want to touch them, in case any were alive, so I just left them after snapping my picture. I didn’t want to disturb! Interesting, though, when I came out later that evening there was a snail on our doorstep. I wished I had snapped a picture, but I didn’t have a camera handy. I assume that the snail was Edgar, trying to ask for help. I didn’t move him, of course, you never want to move them, and I shut the door. When I came out the next morning, he, along with the rest of the snails, were all gone.

I hope that they all got out to safety, and in case any of them lost their lives, I hope they got a proper funeral service from their kind. Now that the snailocaust is over, I haven’t seen any snails since then. I’m sure they’re just laying low, avoiding making themselves noticeable. I’m still not sure if this attack was human, or if the OSnailahan’s had something to do with it. I’m keeping my eye for my tiny peeps…if ever I can help them.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Vieve, do you have enough hobbies? I am just curious. We could discuss ideas if you would like...

Leaveitatthat ツ said...

Haha. Wow. I love how you call it "McSnailington massacre". I am not a fan of slimy things (typical), but I find this to be sad. It is cute how you care for little things like that.
p.s. Nice blog.