Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Day 3: Hubbard Glacier Birthday!

 Happy birthday to me! Y'all, I am 40. Oh man, I cannot even. But, I got to celebrate my birthday in a place where something happened that I have never experienced on my birthday! 

Cold!!


The day was spent driving (driving? Floating? Ah I don't know what a boat jargon is) up to the glacier. If you had booked an excursion you could get off the boat but otherwise you just stayed on board. That was fine with me haha it was cold enough! Once the boat stopped and we were in some sun it was actually nice and warm, and we got to get lots of pics.



(this was the mountain next to the glacier)

It was so big and so cool! And as we were there, it kept having tiny avalanches and pieces kept breaking off.

We otherwise spent the day chilling, playing games, and having fun. And then for my dinner, they gave me a piece of mousse cake and I said no thank you to singing haha.



And then we ended the evening by seeing some whales outside our rooms!



You can't really see them in any of the pics, but I know where they are so it's easy to spot haha. 

All in all, a good birthday! 

No comments: