Saturday, October 2, 2021

Step 2 !

 Y'all, the cake is now done! Let's break it down. 

I took the cakes out of the freezer today, and did a crumb coat (where you put just regular frosting on the outside, to help the other frosting stick to it). I put the layers today, put the marshmallows in the middle, and then did the top layer before frosting. Looked pretty good, I think. 

Then I let the cake chill out and had the frosting dry/harden a little. 

Later, I made another batch of frosting, and dyed it for a fun cake. I frosted the cake this time, and oof. 
I found out that my frosting was just a bit too soft - I didn't add enough powdered sugar (I did copy the recipe I was given religiously but didn't know what I was looking for in terms of softness of this particular type of frosting). So I did my best, and I know how to fix it. But it did look ... fine. 

So .. here it is! And tomorrow, I'll be cutting into it and seeing how it tastes. 

No comments: