Friday, October 19, 2018

A Day of Excitement!

On Fridays, I don't have class, so I usually spend the day with the fellas. Today was no exception. We ate breakfast together, did some errands, and then we got the boys some haircuts. They looked great.

Right after the haircut, Darth and I were heading over to our next stop, as Gecko and his mom drove in the car. Unfortunately for Darth, he was running, looked behind himself, and then turned and
BAM
Smashed right into the metal part of a window in that shopping district. It started to bleed so hard, and luckily I had some tissues in my bag. I held the tissues to his face as we ran to my car, yelling at everyone to get back in the car. We drove to the nearest ER, which was luckily just down the hill from us. I wanted to take a picture, for future of course.

After I took the first pic, we looked to see if it had stopped bleeding. It had, and then I cleaned all the blood of his face. I wanted to take a pic to send to someone to see if they thought we needed to go to the doctor, and of course, Darth couldn't help but smile when the camera was out. 
We got to the ER, and after the triage nurse saw us, they said that yes, because it was a vertical cut, they needed to close it up. They said it would be a 45 minute wait, oy. Luckily there were ways to be entertained there, like the surgical masks we played with.
 Look at his big blue eyes and button nose in this pic!
While we waited, his head would bleed on and off, but he was a trooper.
Finally, we got seen. Darth was super angry at the ninja turtle look, but the gauze held in the medicine to ward off any infections.
 After the medicine had worked its magic, they glued his forehead. They said that stitches weren't necessary for this, and the glue would work just fine.
He never misses an opportunity to smile! He was such a brave tyke, and he got some juice and Oreos as we left, so he was glad. I'm just glad it wasn't worse!

No comments: