Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Small, small, small

Tonight for my youth activity for church, we went to (what I thought was) a Firefighter Graduation. We had been assured by the boys that it was going to be amazing - that the firefighters were going to set fires, put them out, all sorts of cool things like that. So when we went, I was surprised to be led to a conference room with rows of chairs lined up. Turns out, what we went to, and I don't know if it was a graduation, was just a sort of speech given. The current men's basketball coach of UVU is a man named Mark Pope. He is a former NBA player, and he gave a talk/speech for the event. It was amazing. He told us some great stories, and though it wasn't remotely LDS-based, it was really awesome. Of course, all I could think the whole time he was talking was, he is really tall! So afterwards, I ran up to him, told him I loved his talk, and asked for a picture.
I felt like a tiny bug next to him! I had a slightly red face here because I was a little embarrassed to ask him, but I did it! I had a YW of mine take the picture, and after it was snapped, I said thanks again, and practically run out of there. And now I can say I've met an NBA player! It was a fun night, even though it was nothing at all like I thought it was going to be.

No comments: