Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm a sissy

I do not do well in scary movies at all. If I'm at a theater, I'm clinging to the hand/arm/leg of the person sitting next to me. Which is awkward if it's not anyone I know, but I'll hang on to whoever I have there. If I'm watching it at home, I'm pretty much sitting on the lap of the person that I'm with. And believe me, there will always be someone there-I will not watch one alone.
This weekend, PJ and I were going to see a movie, but there were several we wanted to see. We couldn't choose, so we did the only sensible thing-we put the names of the movies on pieces of paper, rolled them into balls, and put them on the floor for the cat to play with. Whichever one the cat chose to play with is the movie we saw. We rolled the dice (so to speak) and he chose Paranormal Activity. I don't know if anyone has heard of this movie, but it's a scary one. After watching the trailer (I hadn't even seen it!) we were on our way, and I was doubting our choice the whole way there, but I decided, it's gonna be good, we'll just see it.
Needless to say, the movie scared the living daylights out of me. At the end of the movie, I was curled into my chair, violently gripping PJ's whole freaking arm, and almost hyperventilating. Seriously, this movie freaked me right out, and for the next half hour or so, I was still shaking over it. I do know that I'm a sissy, but still, I couldn't believe this movie. And I made a huge mistake that night-after watching a movie about people hearing scary noises in their house-I chose that night to stay at PJ's, so I was almost freaking out about any possible noises that could happen in a strange house. But I survived, of course, if not a little tired the next day.
Would I do this all again? Absolutely. Even though I hate watching them, I always get such a feeling of relief when the scary part is over, and the anticipation of the next scary moment is just awesome.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Lol, I have never heard of the cat choosing method. I always have to roll a die (it seems so boring now).

I do enjoy myself a good scary movie, but not horror. Movies that disturb my inner being are not on my list of things I should ever do. That list now includes going to scary movies with you. Just kidding, I don't mind someone gripping my arm as long as I can grip theirs back.

Chelle! said...

Oh my, Vieve...letting the cat choose for you. No wonder the cat chose the scary movie...they are scary themselves!!!