Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So not used to this...

So, of late, I have been out and about. Not in the normal way, but in a way I don't really do. I am a homebody. I like to stay home, and do really nothing, just chilling, and this suits me just fun. Normally, my weekdays went as follows: I would work, come home, watch me just a touch of TV (usually the Ellen Degeneres Show) and then I run, do some P90X, and by the time I'm done with this, it's just enough time to get ready for bed and then sleeping. I like routine, so clearly, this worked for me.
Then, I decided to get all "active" in my ward, so now, I go to the activities and all that jazz, and this cuts into my time of normal-ness. I understand that its a good idea to go to everything, and all that jazz, but I tell ya, I'm getting worn out! I haven't done my normal thing in like, 2 weeks maybe now. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but to me, cutting into my routine, even for a couple of days, throws me way off. On Monday we did some FHE action, of sports night, so we played soccer, in which I played with no shoes and bruised the hell out of my leg/foot, and then Tuesday was a Tri-Stake BBQ, so all we did was just hang out and eat with people before going to a Fiesta del Mexico for the Independence day of Mexico. Then this evening, we took a friend out for dinner who's getting married, so by now, I am all out of whack.
I appreciate that getting out is good for me, but I miss doing things my way! I miss doing my evening workouts, and I miss watching my TV shows-which are piling up because it's the dumb beginning of the seasons so now I have a billion hours of TV to watch. I know this whole blog has been a selfish rant, but I don't even care! Tomorrow night, I'll be back into my thing, at least for one night. As for the rest of the time...we'll see what things bring us!

2 comments:

julie said...

Vieve, "its my cup and i will do with it as i want." The cartoon shows the man sitting in his own cup. Your are your own person and you do things the way you choose, that is good.

Chelle! said...

You make me laugh!!! I hate being so busy. You are great...just think, work really hasn't changed!! At least you have some normality there...as normal as it can be!