Friday, December 31, 2021

Marmalade!

 I know what you're all thinking. Vieve, how did you spend your New Years Eve? And the answer is simple. 

By not doing much. 

Unfortunately, I got a horrible toothache a few days ago. I called my dentist's emergency line, hoping to get some relief. They prescribed an antibiotic, but it hasn't been getting any better. So I spent the evening just sort of in and out of paying attention to the games our family was playing. And then they all left at 9:00 (they knew my toothache was making me miserable). So after they left, I started some marmalade. We have a bunch of oranges (there is a family in my neighborhood that gives everyone in our ward a bag of oranges each year for Christmas, and I never know what to do with it. But this year, I decided to do something, and chose marmalade. I chose this recipe: 

https://www.masalaherb.com/orange-marmalade-recipe/

In the recipe, you need to boil your oranges, and then leave them to soak in sugar overnight. So I did that after everyone left. I sliced the oranges, boiled them, and then left them. It smelled glorious! 


I didn't get any of the pics from the next day or the finished product (whoops) but it was so good! It tastes absolutely heavenly on a piece of toast. 

No comments: