Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bell Pepper Nachos

Lately, Husband has decided to go no-carbs. Good for him, good for him. I love it too much, I will never stray from the carb-train. But I have started to make different, no-carb dinners for him. Tonight, I tried out Bell Pepper Nachos, and they were DELICIOUS!! Here's the recipe:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 teaspoons chili powder 
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
3/4 cup salsa, no sugar added
1 cup grated cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
3 bell peppers

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one into 6 verticle pieces where they dip down. Set sliced bell peppers aside. Cook ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until it loses it's pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat. Combine cooked meat with spices and salsa. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese. Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot. 
I snapped a pic of the nachos before the oven, but I forgot to snag one after.
I cannot stress how dang good these are. The meat had a great taste, the peppers were still crispy and so good. I recommend these, guys. 

No comments: