Sunday, January 20, 2013

No Snore!

I was speaking with a friend yesterday about snoring. I was lamenting that when Husband is sick, he snores a lot more than usual, loud, and non-stop. I mentioned that I didn’t think I snored, but never had anyone tell me either way, so I didn’t know. She told me about an app that you can get that will record you sleeping, and you can see if you snore. I know it’s creepy, but I wanted to try it! So I downloaded the app, called SnoreLab, set it up, and got going with it. You’re supposed to turn the app on, point it facedown, and sleep like you normally would. Easy-peasy.

SnoreSnore Lab

When I woke up this morning, I hit the stop button, and looked at the results. It gave me a snore score of zero! YAY! And I went and looked at the graph, and there were no up and down results like I was thinking. Here’s an example of a graph you could have that I pulled off the internet.

Graph

Mine had nothing, I thought, until I looked a little closer, and saw a little blip that occurred, around 1:30 AM. I didn’t know what I expected, really, but when I started listening, I was sort of creeped out. It is really weird to listen to yourself sleep, and the small noises you make. I was really nervous that I would hear something awful, like a ghost, or someone else, or something. So I jumped ahead to the time, and…I talked! In my sleep! And I have no idea what I said. I listened to it like, 4 times, and I have no idea what it is. I say something, then pause, say something, pause, one last thing said, and then I laughed. CREEPY it was to me, I was really creeped out.

So now, I know my answer. And while I don’t snore, I do talk, so I guess we all have our downsides of things we do while we sleep.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Ha ha. That is awesome. I don't think I talk much anymore, but I used to be kind of chatty. Weird, but cool that you caught yourself on audio.