Thursday, January 31, 2013

Frosting Cupcakes

Last night, I made cupcakes for work. We were celebrating the birthday’s of January, and we thought this an easy thing to do, since we had left the celebration for the last day of the month, naturally. So, I made a plain ol’ chocolate cake for the cake, but then I tried a new recipe for the frosting. The website I took it from touted it as the best frosting recipe ever, one that is used on wedding cakes. So, I was looking forward to using it. After I got everything mixed up really well, I scooped it into my piping bag, and affixed a frosting tip to it.

…And then, this frosting went weird. Even though it was smooth smooth smooth when I was mixing it, for some reason, all of a sudden there were weird little chunks, that I couldn’t get to do anything. So as I was frosting, I kept getting little blurts of frosting, and it made almost every cupcake have an ugly little part. And then, after I got all frosting done, the frosting sort of…fell. Its not that it melted, because the cupcakes were really cool by then, but it just sort of drooped. Needless to say, I was disappointed with this recipe, and I don’t think I’ll use it again. But I did get one good cupcake out of it:

Cupcake

And, for the first time since I got it for Christmas, I got to use my new cupcake carrier, and it was snazzy:

CupcakeHold

The thing behind it is the lid, and it is awesome. I got it from my sister, and it can hold 24 cupcakes, or you take out those, and it can just hold a cake. So, while the recipe wasn’t a keeper, these were still pretty good cupcakes.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

I love this little cupcake/cake thingy. I am so glad that you purchased one for me!!! LOVE IT!!!