Thursday, January 3, 2013

Home Sweet Home

A looong time ago, I saw a cute craft in a book that I wanted to try. I ordered the materials for it, and sadly, they were on back order. As it neared my mom's birthday, I thought, I should make this craft for her too, and then we'll be twinsies! So, I ordered another set to make it, and...that also went on backorder. Sadly, the order didn't get here in time for my mom's November birthday. I told her so, apologized, and promised she'd have it as soon as I got the supplies. The supplies finally made it here a couple of weeks before Christmas. Because of my Christmas crafts I was doing as gifts, sadly, the birthday craft got put onto the backburner. Finally, last Sunday, I had time, and thought, I am doing this. After about an hour or so, I was finished!
Cute, right? I was so pleased with myself. After I finished, I still had it on the table and I thought, I should go get ready for my meeting. Right then, my nose decided to have a WICKED AWFUL nose bleed, and it was bad. It was running down my arms, it got all over my WHITE shirt, and my pants, and the table...the floor, everywhere. As I saw my blood dripping onto the carpet (Husband couldn't hear me shouting for him, apparently, and I was in no condition to walk with this dripping) I reached for the water bottle on the table, to apply some water to it. As I reached for the bottle, I knocked it over, and it dumped ALL OVER my newly finished craft. I won't lie, I just started to cry. (SISSY) So I told my mom I wasn't ready yet, and started anew.
On Wednesday, I had some time, so I made a new one, and I think it turned out pretty good.
Not bad, eh? I was pleased. But I didn't get to my mom's yet (I was planning on going on the weekend, but I was smart, and as soon as I finished it, I moved it to another table, to keep it intact. Then, tonight, I thought, I should make mine too, I have time right now, so I settled in again. The more I make this craft, the better and quicker I get at it. Here's the final one:
And now we both have this craft, and I think they all look swell. So happy birthday mom, just a little over a month late.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

So sad. I would have cried too, after putting hard work in. And what's with the nose bleeds? That's a little worrisome.

Chelle! said...

This turned out absolutely adorable. I need to make one for me.