Monday, January 28, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

On Friday night when I got home, there were packages on the door. For a few minutes, I honestly couldn’t remember if I had ordered things on Amazon and had forgotten them. I sat there for a minute, like, “Did I get drunk and order in the middle of the night?” Finally, I just went to the door and got them. Sadly, none were for me, but there was a post-it note attached to one of the packages that said “FYI, check your rain gutter to the north.” I sat there for a bit trying to think of what this meant. So I went outside, looked at all the rain pipes, couldn’t see anything wrong, and went, “Well, they must have meant something else, la la la”, and went back inside. Then home came Husband and PJ. I showed them the note, and we all went out to investigate. What I hadn’t seen is that the rain gutter on the top of the roof had actually fallen off, so it was half off, half on. We’ve done a temp fix since then, and I will post the pics when we get farther along in fixing it. So far, I don’t like this. Who knew these even fell off?

Husband returned from his business trip on Friday night, and although I would have loved a present of some jewels or something (Yeah, like that would EVER happen but I still hold out hope), he did bring me back cupcakes, from a place called The Cupcakery. Yes, he must know me well to bring them. I got four of them, and I of course didn’t take a pic of them, but I got some off the internets.

CoconutGanacheOreoRolo

Coconut Bliss      Oh my gosh, Ganache!    Cookies & Cream           El Rolo

They looked really good, and luckily, they have been. I have one more to eat – the Cookies & Cream one, and I know, I should get on it before it gets old and gross.

I found a really weird way of spelling my name, and to me, ( THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE RACIST) it seems like the way my name would get spelled if it was an African-American that had my name. In all it’s glory: J’Vieve. Fancy, right? I might take this as my new name. I could still get called Vieve, but the J just sounds fancy.

No comments: