Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Café Rio Night

On Pinterest, I’ve seen the recipes to make Café Rio meals, and I’ve never taken much notice. In my brain, I don’t think you can recreate the deliciousness of the Rio in your own home. But finally, I gave it a try, because, wouldn’t it be amazing if it did work?! So, I got all my recipes, and got to work. I found my recipes here:

http://www.chef-in-training.com/2012/03/all-your-favorite-cafe-rio-recipes-in-one-place/

Now, ordinarily, I would post my recipes, you know this, and pics to go along with it as well. But in this case, I used so many recipes that if I posted them all, this blog entry would be gigantic, plus I don’t have the accompanying pics. In this case, there was just so much going on with all the cooking and everything that I didn’t have time to take pics as we were making it. But let me tell you what I did make: The pork, the salad dressing, the rice. Luckily, lettuce is only something you have to wash and cut, and the tortilla strips, I just bought at Target, already cut. I used a plain ol’ Mission tortilla, that I added cheese to and heated up.

Now, after all the work of all day, and the chopping, the blending, the assembling, finally, my salad was done.

Salad

Ta-daaaa! I was looking forward to taking a bite, but also somewhat anxious, in case it wasn’t as good. But I took a bite, and you know what? It was still delicious. It doesn’t taste the exact same, but it is very similar, and still really good. But I’m going to be honest. For the amount of time it takes, and the cost of buying everything, and the sheer amount of work that goes into it, I’d rather just drive over to Café Rio and buy it myself.

No comments: