Monday, January 7, 2013

Miscellaneous Monday

This weekend was one that I spent indoors, mainly because I had craftin’ that needed to get done. (More on that in another blog post). So, I spent most of it watching TV while I worked. Husband joined me for most of the time, and we got caught up. I mean, totally, on TV shows. Since it’s been Christmas and New Years, shows haven’t been new, so we finished them all. We finished the last show on Sunday, at 6:00 PM, so I had one glorious hour to be caught up before stuff started again. Say what you will, but that was the most freeing hour I’ve ever had.

I got a gift card to Amazon for Christmas. It was awesome, I got to choose so many things to buy with it! One of the things I bought was a pair of running shoes, mine are needing to be replaced soon. I scoured the pages, and debated the colors, and finally settled on a red pair that looked awesome. When they got to me a couple of days later, I was surprised to find out that they were more pink and fuchsia then they are red.

Shoe

Do you see what I’m saying? Its not that I hate the shoes now, but I am a little sad over it. I wish they were red.

Husband finally had his work Christmas party this past Thursday. You read that correctly, we had it on January the 3rd instead of at Christmas. All in all, it was a pretty good time. We had set up video games throughout the building, and board games as well. A small (8 years old) girl hung out with us, and she played Shrek Super Party with us (BEST GAME EVER) on the GameCube. When the evening was over, and her parents came to collect her and her brother, they thanked us for watching them. I didn’t say my next thought out loud which was, “I was watching them? Was I in charge of them? Because I didn’t do anything for that at all.” Instead, I told them it was no problem, and they left on their merry way. Shouldn’t parents notify when I’m watching their kids, so I know what’s going on? Seems safer for us all.

Yesterday, I was “let go” from visiting teaching. Now, normally, I don’t do well with visiting teaching. I’m too awkward and shy to go to a strangers house to talk to them, and I’m awkward when strangers come over to visit me, so usually, I avoid it. After a year of me not going, the RS president came to visit me, to see what was up. When I explained the shyness and awkwardness. she suggested I take a while off, and then we’ll revisit this in a while, and see what my feelings are then. I don’t know how I’ll feel then, but for right now, I like it.

1 comment:

Maleen said...

Love your new running shoes!! Although I would want RED, if I ordered RED. Don't you want to try them on before you buy them, or did you buy the same brand?

Also, I won't lie...you are killing me about Visiting Teaching. Vieve, think in terms of what you have to give...not what you GET out of Visiting Teaching. You are amazing. People want to know cool people like you, even if you are shy. Step out of your zone. It could be the best thing you do. (K...stepping off my soap box now.)