Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mason Jar o’ Fun

For the year 2013, I have vowed to have more adventures. Since I’m such a sissy with everything, I usually turn things down, and don’t want to do things. Let me specify. Husband is very outdoorsy, he likes to river raft, and all sorts of things like that, and I don’t care for things like this. I don’t want to die, is all I’m saying. So I promised him and myself, that I would do more adventurey things this year. After I said this, I saw a thing on Pinterest that is going to help me keep track of things.

What you do, is take a mason jar. A plain ol’ mason jar, and every time during the year you have a great experience, or a memory of any kind, you write it down and put it in the jar. Then, on New Years Eve, you take it out, read all the slips, and have a walk down the memory lane of the previous year. So, I thought this was a great idea, and I decorated this jar:

MasonJar

Now, I know that you’ll notice right away that it’s sort of sparse, and yes, that’s true. I couldn’t really figure out exactly how to do it, so I just kept it small. And I ran of out sticker 2’s, so I had to substitute a Z for it, but I think it works. And Chelle helped me cut out small pieces of paper, so I could have them right next to the jar, should anything good happen. I put it out on the mantle:

JarPlace

Kyle there is holding the pen, I like that. Now, I hope that many good things happen in 2013, even if I have to make them happen myself, and I wish a good 2013 to all!

No comments: