Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor Day Shenanigans

For this Labor Day, we got to celebrate Husband’s birthday. Since we were out of town for his real birthday, and things were crazy this summer, we finally went today and celebrated. We went stand up paddle boarding at Jordanelle. It was fun, but crazier than the last time I went. This time, it was really windy, so the water was really choppy. I even fell in once, which freaked me out, but I lived, so that’s awesome. I didn’t get a picture of myself on it, but I got one of everyone else, so it worked out.
IMG_1843
Husband preferred the sit on his board while doing it. I think because he couldn’t stand up ha ha. After an hour, we headed back home. On the way, we were going through Provo Canyon, and a fire had recently started there, so the road was shut down, and we just sit there, in traffic, for like, 40 minutes until they opened it back. Right before we all stopped, the truck in front of us, who was hauling logs, had a log fall out, and almost hit us. It was by the grace of God that it didn’t hit us and we got out of it all right. I snapped a pic of what we could see of the fire while we were stopped.
IMG_1849
It was scary, but at least we got home eventually. Happy Labor Day, everyone!

No comments: