Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chocolate Treasures

I got hit by the baking bug again. I don’t know what it is (actually, I think it’s the time of year. For some reason, in the fall/winter, I just want to bake all the time. Must be the cold weather) but here I go again. This time, I made Chocolate Treasures. I got the recipe in the mail. Ever since we moved into our house, the company that did our mortgage has sent us a little magnet recipe every month. The first month was some barley beef stew, then something else, and finally this month was a delicious dessert. So I set my heart on making it.

ChocolateTreasures

And those are them. For the recipe:

Chocolate Treasures

Brownie batter for 9x13 pan

(your favorite recipe or from a box)

48 Rolo Candies

2 Cup Chocolate or Vanilla Frosting

(your preference)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix brownie mix according to directions on the box. Spray mini muffin tins well, or line with small paper liners. Spoon the brownie mix into the muffin tins until 2/3 full. Bake for 13-14 minutes. Remove from oven and insert Rolo into the center of the brownie, the top (or tapered part) pointed downward. Let them cool. Remove cooled mini-cakes, and squeeze frosting on top, covering the candy using a piped star. Sprinkle with decorations.

 

So there it is. It’s really quite easy. I didn’t really look at the recipe before I got started, so I didn’t know that I needed to use mini-cupcakes. So I only had about 24 cupcake cups, which made for interesting times. Half of these got the cupcake liners, and the rest, I just sprayed the heck out of the muffin tin with cooking spray, and hoped for the best. Luckily, it worked out pretty well. They are pretty delicious, too, of course.

1 comment:

Chelle! said...

These are simply delicious!!! You are amazing baker!!! :)