Sunday, March 22, 2009

Ok ya'll, weekend wrap-up. There was a lot that happened this weekend, and I'll just give you the highlights.
Soccer season has officially started. Real hasn't had their first game yet, because of the number of teams, but we had a preseason game, against a team from Austin. We won, which was awesome. It was such a good game. The weather was awesome, I even got a bit of a sunburn. We got to see some of our old favorite players, and got a look at the new ones. I'm excited for this year, I really think this is our year. We just have to hold strong, carry on the good times from last year.
I did a girly thing and got a pedicure this weekend, too. I used to make fun of people that got those, but then I tried one, and now I kinda love it! I usually have a thing with people touching my feet, but I'm ok with it in this case. And to make it even more girly, I got a flower painted on. It's so cute, I tried to take a picture to show you all, but turns out I couldn't really take a good one. Oh, well.
I also did something this weekend that I usually don't do: I went to the 10:00 showing of a movie. Even though I like to think myself a young person, never more do I feel old than when I go to a late showing. By the time we even sit down-the movie hasn't even started yet-I just sit, and I'm thinking, boy, I'm already tired. Then I have to make sure I stay awake the whole time-I will not have paid 8.50 for my ticket just to sleep during the movie. I had to keep making sure I wasn't super comfortable, so that I wouldn't fall asleep. But I'm proud to say, I made it through the whole thing! I don't feel so old right now.
Also this weekend, I'm learning to deal with having less space. There's been an event that has happened in and around my household, and an extra person has been thrown into my household. I already thought I didn't have enough space when my brother had moved in, and now, I'm about going out of my mind. I'm trying hard not to be too selfish, but its hard for me. It just difficult for someone of my crazy brain to see things where they're not supposed to be, and items in my meticulously organized cabinets. I guess this is a learning experience for me, and so far, I'm learning, I don't like it.

2 comments:

Maleen said...

Yay for pedicures...I love them.

And I know what you mean about losing space. I keep bringing children into this family and I keep losing space, not to mention that no one cares about putting things away as much as I do...dang it.

Chelle! said...

I want a pedicure--but, the feet thing is such an issue! But, I have overcome the massage thing. Maybe...just maybe...I can overcome the feet thing!!